Michael Kelly Rick Turner S6 SemiAcoustic Classical Electric Guitar
Played unplugged, Michael Kelly’s new steel-string Rick Turner S6 and its nylon-string counterpart, the N6, feel less like proper acoustic guitars than sleek semihollow electrics. Their bodies produce woody but attenuated tones familiar to anyone who’s ever picked up a Gibson ES-335, and their slim necks encourage pyrotechnics. Plugged into a Fender Acoustasonic amplifier, though, the guitars produce uncannily natural acoustic sounds, thanks to the proprietary Turner-designed electronics. Even more incongruous: Each guitar sells for well under a grand.
- Top: Okoumé
- Body: Okoumé with Abalone Purfling
- Binding: Black ABS
- Construction: Bolt On
- Neck: Mahogany - Natural Satin Finish
- Binding: None
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Abalone Dots
- Headstock: Rick Turner Designed
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Modern C LEARN MORE
- Nut Material: Graphite
- Nut Type: Standard
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16 Coated Phosphor Bronze, Light, 12-53
- Electronics: USA made Seymour Duncan® Rick Turner D-TAR Wave-Length System
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Diecast
- Bridge Type: Rick Turner Design with 7 degree saddle tilt - strings through body